Instagram ♥ ♥

Sunday 20 March 2011

Canelé Pâtisserie, Paragon Orchard Road, Singapore

During the few recent visits to Singapore with my mum, I have tried out various eateries around Singapore, mainly in Orchard since we stayed there.

Canelé Pâtisserie is one of the listed place to have the best dessert in Singapore (if you do a quick google search on best dessert in singapore, canele's will appear :P). I don't deny that. The cakes and macarons are really yummilicous.


Savoury crepe

The classic French style pancake (crepe) served with salad, Paris ham, Emmental cheese, and sunny side up (SGD12.50) is good. I always like the combination of ham, cheese + egg, i find the taste really complimenting each other. With the right amount of salad, this is healthy yet tasty meal :P. Apart from these combination, they do have crepe with different combinations such as salmon, roasted chicken, and sauteed mushrooms.

For desserts, I go for Le Royale (SGD7.00) and a Passion Chocolat macaron (SGD2.30).
Le Royale

macaron

Le Royale is one of their signature cake. With 66% of dark chocolate mousse, layers of hazelnut feullitine and praline, this dessert definitely satisfies my sweet tooth. I love this cake. I always feel my mood elevates to a happier level after I had the right amount of chocolate therapy.
The Passion chocolat macaron on the other hand has the right amount of sweetness for my liking. I always find macarons a tad too sweet for me, but this was jus right. Yum! Nom nom nom.. ah.. blogging about this makes me miss Canele's dessert.

Later (the next day), as I strolled along Orchard, I bumped into another outlet of Canele's, at Shaw Centre. I decided to drop by for more cakes! This time I tried Macha ($7), sorry no photos as I left my camera and I sank my fork in before I was able to take any photos from my phone.
However, let me describe this pretty, light green cake. This dessert consists of green tea mousse, layered with almond crumble and there's chestnut cream in the middle. A delicious combination.

I will definitely try more of Canele's cake in my next visit to Singapore. :) It's a definite must try dessert place in Singapore.

Canelle's do have some souvenir for you to take back for friends and families as they have some pretty-looking cookies, chocolate and meringue packed up conveniently for you.

Canelé Pâtisserie outlets:

Robertson Walk
11 Unity Street, #01-09

#01-01A, Shaw Centre,
Scotts Road. (near Orchard)
(open till late night)

#B1-25 Paragon
Orchard.

#B1-46/47 Raffles City Shopping Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment