Instagram ♥ ♥

Monday 15 August 2011

The birthday post

Technically, I am quarter-of-a-century old :P. Yes, I've turned 25, getting older year by year is a nightmare, coz in order to compensate that, you'll want to look younger (act cute :P), find ways to diminish fine lines, eye bag, toning cream etc etc. Tonnes and tonnes of work to do. :)

Enough of all the ramblings.

I've turned 25!

I had some sort of an eating-spree birthday this year, Ok let me list it down.
1) Ben's General Food Store @ Bangsar Village 1
2) En Giza &Watami @ Pavilion
3) Favola @ Le Meridien, KL
4) Alexis @ Gardens Mall
5) Sukiya buffet @ Pavilion

Since I went to all these places during my birthday week and most of the food are quite good, I considered all these a series of birthday celebrations :P and YEAY!, I enjoyed my birthday this year (despite turning older, I still wanna say I'm 24, somehow it reaaalllyyyy sounds nicer than 25, sigh)

5th August - Ben's General Food Store @ Bangsar Village 1

Ben's General Food Store is one of the new addition to the Big Group family which opened few months back. The shop has two portions, one is the store and the other part is the cafe. Since it is by BIG, I am all excited to give it a try.

signature lamp for BIG

salad bar

sweet corn & crabmet salad (RM12.90)

carnivore pizza (RM24.90)

hot chocolate (RM8.90) & starfruit juice (RM10.90)

The food there are very homely, i like the simplicity of the salad, like one of those we used to make when we're in Australia. To think of it, it tasted quite similar to wei xen's tuna and corn salad.
The pizza has a thin crust and on top it is loaded with meat, beef bacon, beef pepperoni, lamb chorizo - definitely suits a meat lover.

For dessert , I chose classic chocolate cake. It comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The cake is so heavenly, the chocolate is really rich, with lots and lots of chocolate fudge layering in between the oh-so-rich-and-moist cake. Yummy! I love chocolate!

classic chocolate cake (RM9.90)

more desserts on display


The settings in Ben's General Food Store is casual, with long tables, similar to cafeteria seatings. The service is good, and I'll definitely come back for more! especially the recommended milkshakes.
Teaser (see the description, tempts me!):


this is what restaurants in Malaysia need

food store


They sell Koko Black chocolates aso. :)

Address:
Ben's General Food Store
G17-18, Ground Floor,
Bangsar Village 1
03-22848790

7th August - En Ginza Cafe and Watami @ Pavilion

On Sunday, I went Pavilion with my mum, and I get to choose where to dine, since they have a new Tokyo Street there, I decided to try out En Ginza cafe for tea break. They served a wide variety of Japanese pastries and bread.

cafe style

RM3.90 each

Forgot the name of the breads, but this one with mentai is really good.

For dinner, I went to Watami. Watami has various outlets around Japan, Singapore, China, Taiwan and finally in Malaysia.

salmon sushi (RM7.90)

sapporo ramen (rm17.90)

chicken katsu (RM17.90)

The food are just average, nothing to shout about. However, I'll come back to try more of their dishes, expecially the pizza.

En Ginza Cafe
Tokyo Street,
Level 6, Pavilion KL.

Watami,
C4.04, Level 4,
Pavilion KL.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment