Instagram ♥ ♥

Sunday 25 March 2012

Afternoon tea at Les Deux Garcons, Bangsar

I went over to Bangsar to source for paper materials for some craft work at Czip Lee on Saturday. Their new revamped shop is at the corner of Jalan Telawi 3. Since I'm in Bangsar, and I really want to try out this new patisserie, Les Deux Garcons, I head over for afternoon tea.

This dainty cafe is located where the Mango Mania was. The shop is in white, not easy to be missed. It has a little 'Parissy' feel, when you sit to enjoy your coffee/tea and cakes. Upon opening doors last year, there are so much hype about their cakes and macarons.

There were not much cakes, as most are already sold out on that day (I went at about 5pm). Since I don't get to try Le Marquis, I decided to go for Le Pagoda Noire. This delightful dessert is a combination of light black sesame sponge, sesame praline, chocolate layers, chocolate cream and sesame crunch. Black sesame always comes in Japanese dessert, but this is so special as it is combine with layers of chocolate pieces and milk chocolate cream.... and the combination is perfect! Not too sweet, light enough for afternoon tea.

I tried the macarons too, there are so many flavours. I chose the hazelnut chocolate and passion fruit chocolate. They're good, not overly sweet. They even have flavours like wasabi cream. :P 

the sesame goodness (RM14)

macarons (2 for RM9.50)

Definitely a good place to have your dessert fix. However, there were not much seats in the cafe. 
I'll be back for more of their cakes.. and macarons!!~

Updated: 26th May 2012

I take away the Le Marquis as I was too full for dessert at that moment, yet I'm craving for some good cakes. And it was proven not disappointing at all, the Le Marquis has distinct layers, the base has a sponge hazelnut cake, 2nd layer comes with crunchy hazelnut feuilletine, 3rd layer has rich chocolate cream and the top comes with a rich, dark chocolate mousse. Very satisfying dessert indeed! Not too heavy, and it's not too sweet, just right :) 

Final result : Chocolate + good cake = Happy me!



Le Marquis (RM13)


Address:
Les Deux Garcons
36, Jalan Telawi,
Bangsar Baru, KL.
www.lesdeuxgarcons.com.my

Opening hours: 12pm-8pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment