Instagram ♥ ♥

Friday 13 April 2012

A short getaway at Cameron Highlands Resort

I have been waiting to have my getaway, somewhere not too far to be able to fit in the busy schedule, relaxing and most importantly with reasonably good service. So, I immediately thought of a YTL resort, Tanjung Jara is abit far-off and since I'll be going back Taiping for Cheng Ming festival, I can easily drop by Cameron Highlands. With their delightful spa menu, it is a must to indulge in a pampering session :) else, you won't forgive youself for missing out on such a treat. :P

Cameron Highlands is one of the hills retreat in Malaysia which is surrounded by lush greenery. The temperature there is pleasant, at about 23-25C, however during the rainy season you may encounter rain throughout the day.

This is exactly what happened during my recent visit. It rained throughout the afternoon, lucky for me the Spa Village has taken care of my gloomy afternoon.

Upon arrival, checking in was a breeze, we were being served hot tea and given a warm towel to refresh ourselves. Before I can even have second sip of my tea, a staff came to bring me to my room (at least wait till I finish my tea, or offer to bring it to my room..sigh need improvements). Some rose petals spells 'Welcome Back' and an elephant (made of towel, don't ask me why elephant, I have no idea LOL) on the four poster bed greeted me when I enter the room. I did casually mentioned about the last PLR trip during booking, so that explains the 'Welcome Back' :). Little details like this made up my day.

rainy afternoon 

rose petals and an elephant

complimentary fruit basket

We checked in on a Monday, and all Sundays through Thursdays stays comes with a complimentary Afternoon Tea at the Jim Thompson Tea Room.

Afternoon tea for 2 at RM60++


Check out my review on the afternoon tea here. 

the library area

the fire place

Jim Thompson tea room

the reception area

I had my spa session in the afternoon after my afternoon tea and had a perfect afternoon despite the rain.
Check out my spa experience here :)

It was still raining after my spa, and we felt lazy to drive out for dinner, so we settled for shabu shabu and teppanyaki dinner at Gonbei restaurant. It was a semi-buffet style, lookout for my review here (not updated yet).

Cameron Highlands Resort offers trail excursions and one of their in-house trail is the Jim Thompson Mystery Trail which departs every morning at 10am. I did not managed to join as I did not bring any proper walking shoes.


me having some kiddie-time at the balcony overlooking the golf course.

I woke up early to have my breakfast at The Dining Room the next morning, and not long after it was raining again. Many of the attractions in Cameron Highlands were closed on Tuesday, we managed to grab some sweet corns and vegetables from the market stalls, before heading back to Kuala Lumpur. 

A fully rejuvenated trip, I'm all energised again and looking forward to my next trip. :)

Will post about the afternoon tea and dinner at CHR soon, do check back :)



Website: http://www.cameronhighlandsresort.com/
Reservations: +60 3 2783 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment